Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Here's is how my day went on February 22,2011




I get up Tuesday morning,and I have a text from the birth mother saying that her water broke, so I was besides myself...I took McKenna to school, then I went a got a massage to relax, which wasn't easy...then my phone started ringing off the hook...I was getting up to the minute updates and it looked like the birth mom was not going to deliver until later on that night, which would be perfect, since My flight was scheduled to arrive at 7:30 pm in hawaii. I tried to get on an earlier flight, but nothing was available, so I just kept to my original plan...I spent the day with my dogs explaining to them that I would be gone for a few weeks, and when I got back, I would be bringing home their brother...they just stared at me, and at one point laid down and rolled over...this moment brought back a lot of memories, because the last time I left them for a long time was when I left to get Mckenna from Kazakhstan. My eyes started to tear up, because it brought back all the emotions I had 5 years ago. What are the chances that I would be given this miracle??. Probably 1 in a million, what are the chances that it would be from my hometown??, and what are the chances that it would be born 2 days before my birthday, just like McKenna whose birthday is 2 days before Craigs birthday??? This was definitely meant to be and I am the luckiest person on this earth...I have everything I ever wanted in my life...a wonderful husband, a beautiful little girl named Mckenna, the best doggies, the most amazing family that supported me through my journey, and now Cameron to complete it. Well, the moment you've all been waiting for....here is Cameron Suzuki Burnett..

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lillian! This blog is awesome!
    I will always remember this day so clearly! :)Everything happens for a reason and you and I have truly been blessed! Thank you for helping me in my life! You're the best! Best of wishes to you, Craig, Makena and little Cameron, and your two precious doggies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPY!!!! Cameron is here!!! it is so great that you were able to be there for the birth. You are so blessed with the beautiful childern and 2 ccute doggies and an absolutley fantastic husband. Enjoy your 3 weeks in Hawaii but keep posting pics cuz we want to see "our" new baby too!!!!! Miss you and love to you all. christine

    ReplyDelete